D17187: Set the default cursor theme to breeze_cursors

Wolfgang Bauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 28 09:25:39 GMT 2018

wbauer added a comment.

  In D17187#367118 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17187#367118>, @fvogt wrote:

  > In D17187#367110 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17187#367110>, @wbauer wrote:
  >
  > > Actually, if the cursor theme is not set to anything, GTK would just use the session's default. I.e. this patch should not be necessary in the first place.
  >

  > If it is set though, the default is different for GTK and Qt in a Plasma session, which can be surprising and this patch explicitly avoids that.

  OTOH, this patch actually causes a mismatch if one changes the cursor theme in Plasma's cursor theme KCM. (it won't affect GTK applications, they will continue to use breeze...)
  The same happens already if one uses the GTK theme though, as it will always write a cursor theme entry too.

  > Plasma can unfortunately not rely on sane GTK configs/packaging :-/

  Agreed.
  TBH, I don't see a point at all to configure the mouse cursor theme in the toolkit's settings, but that's not our decision anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R98 Breeze for Gtk