D17022: [Kickoff] Enable Esc to close Kickoff and Tab to switch to Search

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 20 09:03:48 GMT 2018

rooty added a comment.

  In D17022#362813 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17022#362813>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I appreciate the effort to split up a big commit, but this isn't quite right.
  >
  > There's duplicated code changes both here and in https://phabricator.kde.org/D17020

  AH now I get it, they ought to be designed as //patches// for D16988 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16988> as though it were master. My bad.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in Header.qml:285
> it's very unusual to not move the actual focus on tab.

Sorry about that - I'm totally new to this so the only way I could figure out how to keep activeFocusOnTab: false in hintLabel was to use this Keys.onPressed --> query thing.

I placed activeFocusOnTab: false in hintLabel because the tab key kept selecting the label instead of the search box (it did not look pretty).

Using activeFocusOnTab in queryField doesn't seem to do anything once activeFocusOnTab: false has been set in hintLabel.

Do you know of any other way to resolve this?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop