D17006: Compress calls to `updateSize`

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 09:36:08 GMT 2018

hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in GroupDialog.qml:265
> I remember looking into this.
>
> I was thinking this should be:
>
> (!groupRepeater.aboutToPopulate && visualParent.childCount == groupRepeater.count)
>
> As if we're still aboutToPopulate then we shouldn't be doing anything.
>
> But then I changed it and it didn't immediately work so I did nothing.

The suggested code is the same as the present code, so not sure ... can you clarify?

The aboutToPopulate thing is done for the focus-active-task. I'm not sure I want to replace this with `callLater`, since callLater has weakly defined semantics for me tastes. For the `updateSize` case only eventual consistency counts. If it was executed too early and then later again it'd at worst be more like the old performance, but not break things. With the focus-active-task code, though, it could break things.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  master