D16937: Make Kickoff separators leaner (less opaque) and narrower (the length of a highlighted menu item)

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 16 23:13:09 GMT 2018

filipf added a comment.

  I didn't comment on the original patch, but I'd like to pitch in here. There are two issues/points of improvement for the original patch:

  1. The width of the separators does not correspond to any meaningful UI element -> they're almost drawn from edge to edge, but they're actually not; it makes the placement look a bit awkwad

  Rooty's addressed the problem for the top separator by making it correspond to the width of the header -> this is more aesthetically pleasing
  He hasn't addressed the bottom separator though, which should ideally be drawn from the *very* beginning of the first blue tab line to the *very* end of the last blue tab line (now the separator is a bit longer)

  2. The separators are still not subtle enough and present a visual problem for more transparent themes

  For the most extreme example (with the Opal theme), see:
  F6427626: Screenshot_20181117_000030.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6427626>

  The separators stick out quite a bit and this may make theme developers unhappy so the proposed change in opacity could serve to remedy that.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop