D16937: Make Kickoff separators leaner (less opaque) and narrower (the length of a highlighted menu item)

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 16 23:05:23 GMT 2018

rooty added a comment.

  In D16937#360667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16937#360667>, @ngraham wrote:

  > But now when the tab bar is on the top or bottom, the separators will have different widths, which doesn't look good. To be honest, I'm not sure what the actual problem is here.

  Regarding the width, there isn't an //actual// problem, I just think they look better if they're flush with the highlighted portions of Kickoff (that are assigned a width different from that of the top separator). I don't know if other people do too.
  F6427613: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6427613>
  Regarding their opacity, they just stick out too much. The problem is that it looks like Kickoff consists of three different parts stitched together (unlike the various parts of System Settings, especially in Icon View, Dolphin etc.) that seem to work better with 1 px elements that are more see-through and blend with each other. Darker themes make them stick out even more. Hence the proposed change in opacity.
  F6427611: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6427611>

  > FWIW make sure to test your changes with all four possible orientations.

  Four? Still a noob :D Can you teach me how to get the tab bar on the right/left?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop