QtCreator with Kirigami for Subsurface

jani at apache.org jani at apache.org
Mon May 28 13:47:46 UTC 2018

> El 28 may 2018, a las 11:03, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:52 AM Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> unfortunately Qtcreator tends to be really picky with any 3rd party qml
> module...
> i think you need to have the file plugins.qmltypes somewhere where
> qtcreator understands it (i don't know if is possible for plugins that are
> shipped internally in the project like subsurface does)
> perhaps yoy could try to build and install kirigami with its own cmake as a
> plugin.. and install it right into the qt release that qtcreator is using,
> that should fix at least autocompletion, not sure wether is enough to make
> it available in the designer

Hi

Thanks for your answer. I actually did exactly as you suggest. Ran make, make and make install in
Kirigami directory. The installs to /usr/local/lib/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2 and I copied it into the Qt install set.

Your idea with plugin.qmltypes could be the answer, that was not part of /usr/local/lib/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2
I will experiment a bit and see what I come up with.

rgds
Jan I.