QtCreator with Kirigami for Subsurface

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 28 09:03:43 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:52 AM Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
unfortunately Qtcreator tends to be really picky with any 3rd party qml
module...
i think you need to have the file plugins.qmltypes somewhere where
qtcreator understands it (i don't know if is possible for plugins that are
shipped internally in the project like subsurface does)
perhaps yoy could try to build and install kirigami with its own cmake as a
plugin.. and install it right into the qt release that qtcreator is using,
that should fix at least autocompletion, not sure wether is enough to make
it available in the designer

--
Marco Martin
On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 10:42 AM <jani at apache.org> wrote:

> Hi

> My name is Jan Iversen, I am working on the Subsurface project to make
subsurface-mobile have more of the
> Features currently only available in our desktop version. This of course
means using more kirigami and QtQuick.2

> I would like to use Qt Creator to do big parts of the kirigami qml
design, instead of “guessing” the result, but it doesn’t work.

> Currently when I open a qml document, the plugin line:

> import org.kde.kirigami 2.2 as Kirigami

> Is accepted with no errors

> But all Kirigami specific lines like e.g.

> Kirigami.ScrollablePage {

> Have the error “Unknown component (M00)

> I work on a Mac (primarily doing iOS work), and have generated the plugin
and moved org/kde/kirigami to the Qt qml directory,
> As well as copied the dylib files to Qt Creator App Frameworks and
plugins/designer

> When I start Qt Creator I can see in “About plugins” that it has not
found a designer plugin.

> I have also tried to start Qt Creator from the command line with -load
kirigamiplugin, but I get an error message saying it does not exist.

> Can you please advice, how I can design the kirigami/qml files using
QtCreator.