D12982: Make the new KCMs with QtQuick translatable

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 30 21:01:09 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > That's different: I see KCMs are libraries,

  > I think it would be acceptable to use KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain, even if introduces an exception, but at least not *another* way to set the translation domain.

  I don't think so for two reasons. Firstly it's a single domain and we are plugins within another shell.

  Secondly, from QML our i18n calls go to klocalizedcontext which if a domain is set will explicitly use it. So in order to use

  KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain we have to completely remove our

  d->_qmlObject->setTranslationDomain(aboutData()->componentName()); in configmodule.cpp

  I don't think that's viable, especially with the staggered release cycles.

  -

  I'd be happy to introduce a ConfigModule::setTranslationDomain in kdeclarative.
  Which would allow doing everything from code without having to make names match.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop