D13192: Implement a triangle filter for mouse events on the Kickoff tabbar

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 30 08:25:48 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D13192#270466 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13192#270466>, @abetts wrote:

  > Could a different approach work here? No change on hover, but just on click? The user controls the entire action.

  i think the whole point of a start menu is to be fast, to require as little as possible mouse move and as little as possible of number of clicks, otherwise it fails at its only job of allowing quickly to start the things you need.
  I already don't like much the fact that for $technicalreasons we can't have a menu trigger with less than two clicks (like is possible to trigger a menubar item with a single mouse click in total, with the mouse press being the opening of the first menu)

  please let's not add another click to the process, that can totally be avoided.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop