D13202: Circular user avatar for Kickoff

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 30 03:25:05 UTC 2018

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Looks great now! Quite pleasing to the eye.

  I've got a few blockers though:

  - When I change the icon in the user-manager KCM and re-open Kickoff, the new icon isn't displayed; instead I just see a blank circle with no image in it until I quit and restart plasmashell.
  - See the below comment:

INLINE COMMENTS

> Header.qml:19
>
> -import QtQuick 2.0
> +import QtQuick 2.11
>  import org.kde.plasma.core 2.0 as PlasmaCore

This version bump makes Kickoff require Qt 5.11. I wasn't are that we were going to make Plasma 5.14 depend on Qt 5.11. At the minimum, it makes this hard to test without compiling your own Qt. Is there anything we're actually depending on with this patch that was added with 2.11, or can we reduce the minimum version? I manually changed it to 2.10 and didn't notice any issues...

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop