D13148: Allow Kirigami build without KWin tablet mode dependency

Murillo Bernardes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 18:06:46 UTC 2018

murillobernardes added a comment.

  In D13148#269205 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13148#269205>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > This doesn't achieve anything useful.

  It does for projects that have their own build system.

  > You're not changing any dependencies as you still link against DBus as CMake is unchanged in this patch.

  I understand this does not change how the upstream build is done, but allows users to keep depending only on Qt.

  I did not patch CMakeLists.txt because I can't test it. I could not get a system with all the right versions of all build dependencies to build Kirigami.

  On Subsurface-mobile we simply have our own integrated qmake/cmake files that builds Kirigami statically with the rest of the project.

  > Code behaves the same as not having KWin at runtime will result in both values being the exact same values as we're doing with this patch

  So the real issue here is the new dependency on linux. Whatever way this can be disabled is fine.

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami