D11848: [Kickoff] Reduce hover delay before switching tabs

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 16:57:30 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  @ngraham Are you sure the Kicker menu has a triangle filter at all? I don't think it has, making your video a bad example (or am I wrong?). Try comparing with a QWidget based menu, which for me is much easier to operate than Kicker or Kickoff with your patch.

  And BTW, I did not deliberately move the mouse slowly. It's a regular speed, and users of trackpoints would move even slower.

  I strongly disagree with your notion that "simple by default" means having no filter (or filter-like workaround) for Kickoff. It's exactly the type of user who has trouble in accurate pointing and who is slow who needs the filter most. It's not a feature only for experts. As Kicker does not have the filter, Kickoff is our only option left for those users. If you take that away, they may just drop Plasma.

  How about we meet in the middle, and don't hardcode it: https://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=SubMenuPopupDelay

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  faster-kickoff-tab-switch-on-hover (branched from master)