D7087: Add "Copy Info" button to the About System KCM

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 16:55:27 UTC 2018

dhaumann added a comment.

  Looks pretty good to me already. Is there anything that needs to be addressed? What do you think about i18nc?

INLINE COMMENTS

> rkflx wrote in Module.cpp:253
> @dhaumann I wonder why you suggested to use `i18n` here too, as `text()` should already give you the translated text. How do you expect translators to translate `"%1 %2"`?
>
> The only challenge is to account for RTL languages, but this could be detected to swap the order (and possibly add an RTL BOM?). Do we have experts who could advice on that?

The reason for this is that in a right-to-left language, you would translated "%1 %2" by using the reverse, e.g. "%2 %1". The problem here is that a translator will not know what to do with this. So what would help is to give translators context, i.g. i18nc("reverse order in rtl languages", ...). Does that make sense?

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter