D12969: [Kicker] Only show "Add to Panel (Widget)" When there's no Task Manager

Christian noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 22 12:56:30 UTC 2018

Fuchs added a comment.

  Maybe we need to discuss things, especially also with https://phabricator.kde.org/D12463 where I have an interest in, on a broader scale.

  I agree that both need to exist and have different use cases, personally I think I'd only show the task manager pin in the context menu though, since the widgets are likely to be used by power users and placed manually where wanted.

  Note that I am only somewhat happy with the task manager pinning as well, since in task manager you are forced to choose which activities it shall be pinned on, whilst in the context menu of kicker you only have the possibility to pin it to all of them.
  (And personally I consider pinning to be activity dependant way more complicated than having both options to pin and have a launcher)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop