D12974: Workspace KCM Code Improvement

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 22 09:09:13 UTC 2018

romangg added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in workspaceoptions.cpp:97
> We want to batch our syncs to plasmarc, which the old code did better.
>
> I wouldn't bother trying to be clever with checking if it's the original state or not here, as KConfig will do all of that for us anyway at a more correct lower level.

For the sync yes.

For checking state: the old code wrote always all values to the config file, with or without the user changing them at all. It might make sense to only write config values which have been explicitly changed by the user, because this would mean that we can later on change the default of values of this user which have never been explicitly changed by the user before with an update of just the KCM code.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop