D12849: Improve layout of fonts kcm

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 14 09:13:31 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  The checkboxes wildly floating around on the left look a bit weird to me. How about this (I guess your original intention was to avoid having checkboxes under the wrong text label?):

    Anti-Aliasing: Enabled
                   [ ] Exclude range from 8pt to 15pt
    (…)
        Fonts DPI: [ ] Force to 96 dpi

  ---

  A more general comment: Compared to the state before the redesign, the dialog now looks like two separate KCMs slapped together, as can be seen by the need to include two title headers and the separating line. Also, the settings on the top are easily understandable by any word processor user, while the terminology on the bottom requires more expert knowledge.

  It might be worth thinking about a different way to group both sections. I'm not suggesting going back to the modal dialog, but maybe group boxes, two tabs, or a `KCollapsibleGroupBox` would be better?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  fonts_kcm_layout (branched from master)