D12683: Guard BookmarksRunner thread use

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 3 15:22:17 UTC 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Krunner::match is performed in potentially multiple overlapping threads
  as a user presses each character. Qt SQL is not thread safe according to
  the docs or according to the numerous reports.

  It's a bit of a blind patch, ideally we should only use the database in
  the thread that opened it.

  This patch at least this means queries will be queued which I think will
  be enough.

  CCBUG: 363136

TEST PLAN
  Restarted krunner. Still saw my firefox bookmarks

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  runners/bookmarks/fetchsqlite.cpp