D11410: [RFC] Add option to make applet fixed width

Radek HuĊĦek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 30 19:33:54 UTC 2018

Pitel added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in ConfigOverlay.qml:385
> this will probably need as well
> currentApplet.applet.pluginName == "org.kde.plasma.panelspacer"
>
> or it gets lost when the spacer is configured as not expanding and i guess the spacer is special and we want this option to be always there
> (step 2 would be removing the option in the spacer and make it use this system, but it's for a next commit)

It does not, it is already in definition of `expandingApplet` (line 254 of `main.qml`).

> mart wrote in ConfigOverlay.qml:402
> is it necessary to use a temp copy?

My reasons for temp copy were:

- `push` method has no effect on `plasmoid.configuration.fixedSizeOverride` (I assume this has something to do with the whole configuration magic behind but it might be worth further investigating.)
- QML does not notify the change of property if the property is an array and you change only its elements (because the property still contains the same object) so we need to trigger this signal somehow.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop