D11663: Add InlineMessage type and Gallery app example page

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 27 10:30:26 UTC 2018

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> hein wrote in InlineMessage.qml:100
> Can you give me a code example of how to use this in the template code?

as Action.qml is doing:
this is how Action uses it:

property ActionIconGroup icon: ActionIconGroup {

      id: iconGroup
  }

ActionIconGroup can be renamed/moved btw, but is not important

a retrocompatibility alias iconSource: iconGroup.source could be possible, tough for new classes not needed, if the source of icongroup becomes a var instead of a string, passing qicons should stay possible.

the usage would then be:

InlineMessage {

  icon.name: "konsole"

}

again, i'm not sold on this, but if we can make it coherent qith qqc2 it becomes a bit easier for new developers

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami