D11663: Add InlineMessage type and Gallery app example page

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 27 10:19:36 UTC 2018

hein marked 4 inline comments as done.
hein added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in InlineMessagesGallery.qml:61
> add some usage explanation here, like that should be added in the main layout of the ui you want to put it in, that is not visible by default, needing an explicit visible=true
>
> a two rows synopsis of the ig would also be good here tough we have to wait for that i guess

Will do.

> mart wrote in InlineMessage.qml:79
> what is the use case, tooltips?

e.g. setting a status bar/status tooltip text with the URL, yup

> mart wrote in InlineMessage.qml:100
> even if at the beginning not 100% supported, i would prefer it making api-compatible with qqc2 (even if i don't like that api that much)
> there is a class in controls/private called ActionIconGroup which exports the ptoperties that qqc2 uses for icons, so icon.name,icon.source, icon.color
> not all of those need to be supported (i prefer to ignore icon.size usially) but at least name,source and color should

Can you give me a code example of how to use this in the template code?

> mart wrote in InlineMessage.qml:127
> what is the use case for exposing this property in the public api?

Consistency with OverlayDrawer.animating - it generally seems like a good idea to be able to know when something is fully visible/ready.

> mart wrote in enums.h:39
> please call this in a more generic way, like MessageSeverity, so can be used for other kinds of messages if needed, like passivenotification and inline dialogs

"Severity" is actually less generic than "Type" and semantically wrong. While Warning->Error perhaps are a range, "Positive" isn't "more severe" than "Information". This is semantically an unordered enumeration (less specific) while "Severity" implies a scale (more specific).

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami