no OSK in Plasma Mobile

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 03:10:28 UTC 2018

Hello Heather,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 06:57:27PM -0600, Heather Ellsworth wrote:
> I've been running Plasma Mobile on my iMX6 dev board (precursor to the
> dev kit for the Librem 5) and I've notices there's no onscreen keyboard.
> Is it there and I'm just not initializing it? Or what is the story with
> the OSK in Plasma Mobile?

For OSK, you just need to install qtvirtualkeyboard-plugin package, it
should give you working on-screen-keyboard for the Qt applications. It
is however possible that QtVirtualKeyboard is disabled by default if you
have keyboard attached. In that case you can enable it by clicking on
virtualkeyboard icon in top drawer.

You can also "export QT_VIRTUALKEYBOARD_STYLE=Plasma" for better theming
integration with Plasma Mobile.

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah