D11358: Give file and folder names a bit more room in Folder View

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 15 16:59:59 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  This patch does that too, so I've removed the other changes.

  However, if we have users clamoring for diametrically-opposed things, maybe it's time to consider making the grid spacing configurable? macOS had the exact same problem for more than a decade and Apple eventually relented and added a slider. They're famously allergic to unnecessary configurability, so if even they bowed to user feedback and did this, it might be appropriate for us to investigate doing likewise.

  What's the objection to increasing the default max number of lines, out of curiosity?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop