D11082: [WIP] Display all StreamRestore entries in it's own config Tab

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 07:24:18 UTC 2018

Zren created this revision.
Zren added a reviewer: Plasma.
Zren requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Was just wondering how difficult it would be to implement this. This was practice than anything else, but if you thinks it's worth cleaning up I can do so. Otherwise, reject it.

  F5742990: 2018-03-06___01-30-43.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5742990>

  F5742991: 2018-03-06___01-32-11.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5742991>

  Issues:

  - You can filter the streams using a hack that forces PlasmaCore.SortFilterModel to invalidate the filter.
  - I duplicated `BaseMap` in `map.h` to use a QString key focused on the `info.name` property. Code duplication sucks. :/
  - Every stream uses the system notifications icon. Would need to play around with that.
  - I don't believe the "device dropdown" is correct. I think all my streams are set to a "default device index" so it's not selecting the right dropdown option.
  - Double scrollbars sucks, but I'd need to look into why there's a binding loop on `AppletConfiguration.height`. We need to use ScrollView + ListView so that it only loads 4-5 delegates at a time since I personally had 100+ entries (games) which took a few seconds to load the tab when I removed the filter from the Applications tab.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

AFFECTED FILES
  src/context.cpp
  src/kcm/package/contents/ui/Applications.qml
  src/kcm/package/contents/ui/StreamListItem.qml
  src/kcm/package/contents/ui/main.qml
  src/maps.h
  src/streamrestore.cpp
  src/streamrestore.h