D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 25 16:15:20 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D13481#282788 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13481#282788>, @graesslin wrote:

  > I think we should go back to the drawing board and think about what really is wanted and needed. I want to remind that the original idea was to still have round corners. As I said a few times: this is not the change vdg wants. So let's not try to make something work which the vdg doesn't want. Let's provide them the solution for their actual needs instead.

  Please don't put words in people's mouths.

  What VDG wants is for KWin to not draw camouflaged side and bottom borders in Breeze. VDG wants this because the borders are holding back design flexibility and causing visual problems for many apps (including quite a few of our own). VDG is willing to lose the rounded bottom corners as a consequence of this change.

  Given that the "dead zone" issues that have been brought up are minor, easily worked around, represent mostly niche use cases, and are also present on every other platform out there, I really don't think it's a deal breaker if we can't implement Roman's idea.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze