D13415: Reshape Kickoff avatar to a circle with Opacity Mask

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 20 19:58:27 UTC 2018

hein added a comment.

  I had a look at this today, and I wasn't able to reproduce the problem so far.

  What I've done is test by using `cp` at a terminal to copy various PNG/SVG/JPG files into the `$HOME/.face.icon` location, which is what Kickoff (via a KDirWatch in KUserProxy in kdeclarative) watches for creation or changes. Kickoff picked up any change on the fly correctly.

  That means both the kdeclarative and the Kickoff side are probably fine, and this shouldn't hold up this patch.

  It means the User Manager KCM perhaps writes out corrupted images we cannot load occasionally, though, or that it's KIO copy-over of selected files is broken in some way. This needs to be debugged. Unfortunately I can't get the KCM to list any users on my system at all though, so I need to understand that first (likely a setup issue with my self-built Plasma). If anyone wants to debug this, please go ahead.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop