D13415: Reshape Kickoff avatar to a circle with Opacity Mask

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 7 21:35:04 UTC 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  In D13415#275567 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13415#275567>, @ngraham wrote:

  > I encounter the very same issue as in D13202 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13202>: Changing the Avatar in System Settings results in a blank circle in Kickoff. Here's a clue though: it only happens on the first change for each image. For example, if I change the image to something else in the gallery, hit apply, and open Kickoff, I see a blank circle. If I go to System Settings and change the avatar again--but choose the very same gallery image--then it shows up in Kickoff.

  Hmm. Thanks for the clue. Not sure what to do with it yet.

  I'm convinced there's some kind of caching or trick of timing involved. The correct local files get updated when the avatar is changed. Kickoff somehow notices the change - it goes blank - but it doesn't refresh with the new contents.

  The Plasma team got their tarballs out today, so maybe I can nab someone's time in the next few days.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop