D13360: Touchpad KDED module: Convert to JSON metadata

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 19 20:17:10 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D13360#280205 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13360#280205>, @marten wrote:

  > Apologies for the unforeseen trouble.

  Happens also to the best now and then, and only to get better the next time :)

  > I'll revert the committed change for now, and then investigate the fix that @kossebau suggests in the previous comment.

  Given the commits seems that worked out? Good, so I did not misread the kded code.

  In the meantime I had tried to investigate where the X-KDE-DBus-ModuleName had been introduced in kdelibs/kde frameworks history and where/why it faded again, but so far have not found it being used at kded core at any time, only found traces in outer code spheres.

  So am going to create some patches to wipe out the last traces of that key from other  KDE code, everything I saw should work good enough using the plugin id, either derived from binary name or set by metadata (X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name with desktop file and KPlugin/Id with JSON). So in the future no-one can be confused by that non-working key anymore.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop