D13593: [Fonts KCM] Improve user-friendliness of some anti-aliasing strings

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 18 19:36:28 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Most of this stuff used to be hidden behind a Configure button, but it was changed to put everything on the main page in 5.13 as part of the QML port: D8916 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8916>

  IMHO as long as we're going to present everything on the main page, we need to make sure it's as user-friendly and comprehensible as possible. I think the sort of person who knows what "anti-aliasing" means is likely to understand that "font smoothing" is the same thing. I'm less sure that the reverse is true, which is why I submitted this patch (and presumably why @abetts filed the bug).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop