D12498: Fully remove `Application Name` from Details panel

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 14 14:28:04 UTC 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D12498#278285 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12498#278285>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This concept (and the proposed label) is suitable for a developer audience, not a regular user audience.
  >
  > We have the same issue in Discover when upstreams don't ship enough ApStream metadata. We omit anything that's missing instead of labeling the missing sections with some kind of admonishment to the upstreams. Developers like us should take care of browbeating non-compliant upstream software vendors; we shouldn't push that work onto users.

  The description is visible in the "Details" panel only, which is targeted at a Developer/Admin audience. So the "users should not be bothered" IMHO does not apply here. If you just omit it, nobody will report the problematic actions, and nobody will fill an upstream bug report.

REPOSITORY
  R121 Policykit (Polkit) KDE Agent