D13415: Reshape Kickoff avatar to a circle with Opacity Mask

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 7 20:19:14 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I encounter the very same issue as in D13202 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13202>: Changing the Avatar in System Settings results in a blank circle in Kickoff. Here's a clue though: it only happens on the first change for each image. For example, if I change the image to something else in the gallery, hit apply, and open Kickoff, I see a blank circle. If I go to System Settings and change the avatar again--but choose the very same gallery image--then it shows up in Kickoff.

  Here's the good news though: I see a variant of same thing without the patch: instead of being blank, it reverts to a previous image I used some time ago. So it looks like these patches may not be introducing the regression; instead they're simply changing the manifestation of a pre-existing regression. Perhaps touching this code may shed some light on that issue too.

  As for this patch itself, I rather prefer it to the shader approach, which seems more complicated and fragile, and also a lot easier to understand for me (and probably future contributors who are as bad at programming as I am).

INLINE COMMENTS

> Header.qml:96
> +         color: "#00000000"
> +         border.color: PlasmaCore.ColorScope.textColor
> +         border.width: units.smallSpacing / 2

I think I might prefer a lighter color than this. Perhaps the window alternate background color?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop