D13390: Fonts KCM: Fix text readability regression

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 7 08:49:52 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D13390#275117 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13390#275117>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D13390#275116 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13390#275116>, @broulik wrote:
  >
  > > > It will lead users to click into the field, expecting to be able to edit the name directly
  > >
  > > Oh, you mean because the background turns white when enabled? I see.
  >

  > Yup, that was the point.
  >
  > > Please use
  > >
  > >   color: Kirigami.Theme.textColor
  >
  > Is this working for you? For me this resolves to the disabled palette (as it should).
  >
  > (I could use `colorGroup: Kirigami.theme`, but there should be no difference to `colorGroup: SystemPalette.Active`, unless I'm missing something.)

  none of those are valid values for colorGroup.

  what you should do is:
  TextField {

    readOnly: true
    Kirigami.Theme.inherit: false   //always to be set when you are writing anything to the Theme attached proeprty
    Kirigami.Theme.colorGroup: Kirigami.Theme.Window

  }

  changing the textfield colorgroup to window, will make its background to become gray, so a look somewhat less "clickable"

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop