D14418: Add test for edid parsing and fix reading gamma

Frederik Gladhorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 27 13:11:11 BST 2018

gladhorn added a comment.

  In D14418#299028 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14418#299028>, @romangg wrote:

  > I'm not sure if you could really say that the current code is with a bug, since `data[GCM_EDID_OFFSET_GAMMA]` should be dividable by 100. I.e. the result is again an integer and nothing gets truncated. But we can still go with the updated code, which looks nicer. Maybe one could add a comment why divide by 100 and add 1.
  >
  > In regards to the parser test in the edid test:
  >
  > - How did you choose the four brands/models to test?
  > - Pls order the rows alphabetically by brand/model name.

  The old code's output was "2.0" instead of "2.2": integer division first, then cast.

  I randomly took the four edid's that were somewhat different from each other that I had available (I had a few more, but they were pretty much the same, so I chose different manufacturers).

  I don't see what sorting alphabetically gains us.

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library