D14389: Invert shade button by same logic as keep-above button

Andy Kluger noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 26 06:04:49 BST 2018

andykluger created this revision.
andykluger added a reviewer: Breeze.
andykluger added projects: Breeze, KWin.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed KWin.
andykluger requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  What do say we invert the shade button when it's in a "checked" state, as we do the keep-above button?

  The window decoration theme already inverts the keep-above button's colors when its state is activated, as a "loud" visual cue. The shade button similarly has an active state to indicate, but lacks such a loud cue to help avoid confusion. Depending on a user's other settings, there may be little or no visual indication (other than the nice but modest flip of the button) that a shaded window decoration doesn't belong to the window seen below it.

  I'm attaching two screenshots of this patch applied, with a konsole window in both keep-above and shade states, directly over another window's titlebar.

  F6141905: Screenshot_20180726_005114.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6141905>

  F6141930: Screenshot_20180726_005844.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6141930>

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze