D14354: Improve weather widget usability

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 25 10:46:45 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for the patch, I agree with you that live searching is better usability.

  So far though I had stayed away from implementing that, as I have no idea how the weather service providers like their servers getting more hits once in a while .

  I would prefer if we could first check the terms of usage of the currently used weather services before implementing this (where needed, IIRC for some there is a static list downloaded).

INLINE COMMENTS

> ConfigWeatherStation.qml:72
>          var config = plasmoid.nativeInterface.configValues();
> -
> +        if(config.services.length == 0) {
> +            config.services = ['wettercom']

Defaulting to the private service wetter.com goes against the idea of keeping the user in control of their privacy by default.

I know the current UX sucks, that popup menu is broken by design. But this is not a fix I can support.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons