D13930: [KdePlasma-addons][POTD]{SIOD} Added new provider SIOD to handle Images from Space.com

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jul 7 15:38:49 BST 2018

kossebau added a subscriber: jriddell.
kossebau added a comment.

  Thanks for offering this for inclusion. No time to test myself currently.

  Important: can you tell what license space.com has on those images? Can they be used e.g. without a fee by 3rd-party software, like this plugin? I could not find a hint on the linked page on a quick look.

  BTW, while I did some fixes to the potd dataengine , I am not the maintainer of it (nor plan to be). So it has to be someone else deciding about whether this plugin can be added.
  Given there seems no maintainer of this dataengine these days it would have to be the Plasma team in general, or the person overseeing things like the release manager (@jriddell).

INLINE COMMENTS

> siodprovider.h:2-3
> +/*
> + *   Copyright (C) 2007 Tobias Koenig <tokoe at kde.org>
> + *   Copyright  2008 by Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annma at kde.org>
> + *

Please update the copyright of all files, your name and the year is missing here.

> siodprovider.json:4
> +        "Description": "Siod Provider",
> +        "Description[ca at valencia]": "Proveïdor Siod",
> +        "Description[ca]": "Proveïdor Siod",

The KDE translation system needs such in-source translations to be added to the translation database directly. This is a work done by the translator teams, but who first need to see the original string.
The daily-run translation updating script (called scripty) will extract any strings to translate and update with strings from the translation database, but also remove any translations from the sources which are not in the database.
So adding translations here directly will result in scripty removing them simply on next run. Thus no use to add them -> remove all here :)

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons