D13907: [SDDM Theme] Set sourceSize on background image

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 6 07:55:35 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, davidedmundson.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I noticed that loading the background was a significant portion of sddm's startup time and found that we didn't set a `sourceSize` and just load a `3200x2000` image

TEST PLAN
  Verified that the image isn't loaded multiple times due to changing sizes or property re-evaluation
  Had to change anchors to manual width as anchors seem to set geometry separately in a later step where the image already started loading, with explicit width/height Image waits until they're set, so we load the image only once

  Didn't really notice any impact on my machine but with 4K screen I would have loaded the full image anyway but might be noticeable on FHD or small laptops

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  sddm-theme/Background.qml