D13878: Also intercept creation of video elements

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 4 09:34:52 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, davidedmundson, fvogt.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Spotify web player uses a `video` tag instead of `audio` to play its music.
  We can do this as `<head>` is invisible by default and if a page wants to show the player in the page, it has to manually add it to the DOM anyway, but we add it before we even return it from `createElement` so the order is correct here.

  BUG: 395379

TEST PLAN
  Verified that you can `appendChild` the same element to different elements and it just moves around instead of e.g. an "already attached to a parent" error
  I can control Spotify Web player now.
  When pressing play from the media controller, the title changes to the album name, as Spotify updates the page title only after the player started playing and we don't monitor the title tag yet, but this is unrelated to this patch
  Didn't notice anything unusual while casually browsing the web

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

AFFECTED FILES
  extension/content-script.js