D9848: Updated the blur method to use the more efficient dual kawase blur algorithm.

Alex Nemeth noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 19 01:15:30 UTC 2018

anemeth added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added KWin; removed Plasma.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9848#193152, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Changing the blur size at runtime didn't seem to have an effect, it all worked after kwin restart.
  >  Your code looks fine, I can see m_downSampleIterations getting updated, but clearly not everything. Can you check that please.

  This exact problem is present in the old blur method as well.
  In order to get around this problem (without restarting KWin of course) you have to interact with the blurred area, for example move a window near it, right click on it, etc. and it will be updated properly.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin