D9914: [Folder View] Don't trash local files

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 16 10:40:04 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Send the actual URL (e.g. `desktop:/foo`) to KIO and let it figure it out. Otherwise `KDirNotify` emits a change for the backing `file:///home/foo/Desktop` URL and `KDirLister` cannot relate the two and doesn't notice a deletion immediately.
  Since we don't offer "Move to Trash" for non-local files anyway, this should be safe.

TEST PLAN
  This fixes files being moved to trash from the desktop taking half a second, now it's instant.

  While at it, check for whether files can be moved before offering Trash and wehther files can be deleted before offering Delete (Dolphin does that). I can split that into a separate commit, if you prefer.

  Hitting "Delete" key on a remote file will show "access denied" but that's a different issue as FolderView does not (iirc that was done on purpose) automatically fall back to "Delete" when "Move to Trash" is unavailable as Dolphin would.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.cpp
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.h