D9848: Updated the blur method to use the more efficient dual kawase blur algorithm.

Alex Nemeth noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 16 02:33:50 UTC 2018

anemeth added inline comments.
Restricted Application edited projects, added KWin; removed Plasma.

INLINE COMMENTS

> fredrik wrote in blur.h:41
> This number could use an explanation.

I don't know why it's 5
This was in the old blur too: https://github.com/KDE/kwin/blob/master/effects/blur/blur.cpp#L503
I just move this number to a variable.

> fredrik wrote in blurshader.h:95
> I think you could simplify the code quite a bit by having an array of
>
>   struct {
>       GLShader *shader;
>       int mvpMatrixLocation;
>   };
>
> and use m_activeSampleType as an index into that array.

Only the downsample and upsample have the same uniforms, copysample uses different ones.
This means that it would be an array with only 2 elements (up and down sample).
I think it's unnecessary to create an array with only 2 elements.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin