D9699: Keep fullscreen windows in active layer based on transients not the group

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 6 13:51:20 UTC 2018

romangg added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added KWin; removed Plasma.

  Are there maybe other cases of clients in X, which share the same group, are not transient, but need to have `isActiveFullScreen` return true on any client if one of them is the most recent activated one?

  I mean you change the behavior now from testing on the group to only testing on the transient property, what seems to make sense. But what was the reason to set `isActiveFullScreen` to true for clients sharing the same group in the first place?

INLINE COMMENTS

> abstract_client.cpp:1155
>      // we'll also take the screen into account
> -    return ac && (ac == this || ac->screen() != screen());
>  }

Just a question for understanding unrelated to this patch: why should `isActiveFullScreen` return true, if `ac->screen() != screen()`? We don't know if it's really active just because it's on another screen than the one which the most recently activated client is on.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin