D9627: Reduce menu shadows to 25% of the window shadow size

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 4 12:21:17 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#185604, @rkflx wrote:

  > One more thing: Is the 100px max working for you? Mine is still capped at 64px

  Figured that one out: The problem is clearly with https://phabricator.kde.org/D9549, because it only changed `breezesettingsdata.kcfg`, i.e. the values which would be considered valid in the config file. As most users use the GUI to edit, this would've needed changes to `breezeconfigurationui.ui` so the spinbox would've allowed bigger values.

  Going for the combobox, this is now moot. However, I want to beg everyone (again!) for the sake of quality: Please, if you do changes or "accept" a Diff, try them in the actual application. Try different user-set values, too. Only focussing on the code in an editor leads to bugs, which are much more expensive to fix after the fact.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#185783, @ngraham wrote:

  > I still don't see my changes when I open the Breeze options in the Window Decoration KCM. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

  First, determine whether you are actually trying to load those files, e.g. by removing them (now it should not work anymore). Next, check whether you aren't accidentally doing code edits in the build dir (`ui_*.h`) instead of the `.ui` files (been there, done that ;).

  For me, installing locally as a user works fine, the trick is then to set `QT_PLUGIN_PATH` so the new files take precedence over the system installation.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  master