Does Breeze provide QtQuick2 theming?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:03:21 UTC 2018

On venerdì 16 febbraio 2018 03:10:53 CET Ongun Kanat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was testing a QtQuick2 application
> (https://github.com/agateau/sfxr-qt). One thing I noticed, using dark
> color schemes (i.e Breeze Dark) result in unreadable white-ish text on
> white window backgrounds in QtQuick2 applications like [1]. Example
> code in Qt docs also show similar behavior.
>
> I wonder if Breeze provide QtQuick2 theming support. It looks like
> some level of support is existing since buttons follow selected color
> scheme.
>
> Regards
> -Ongun
>
> [1]
> https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/3601965/36073061-64b79a6a-0f3b-11
> e8-9943-8fdb04b25aa0.png

depends on QtQuickControls version.
if uses version 1, it will naturally use the breeze theme, if uses version 2,
it needs an extra style installed which is in the qqc2-desktop-style
framework.

from the screenshot i see that the controls are themed correctly (probably
qtqquickcontrols 1 i think) but the background isn't
that would be an application bug, which should take as its background color
the system palette background color, see http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtquick-systempalette.html

--
Marco Martin