D10487: Fix tray icon size scaling when changing the panel size (fix bug 360333)

Piotr Kosinski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 14 17:45:39 UTC 2018

pgkos added a comment.

  There is something wrong and inconstent about SVG icon scaling. For example, if I put this line in systemtray ui main QML code instead:

  `property int itemSize: Math.min(width, height)`

  then the KDE Connect icon completely fills the height of the panel.

  Which is obviously wrong, because if we open /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/default/icons/kdeconnect.svgz in an SVG editor we see that the icon is drawn on a 32x32px canvas ("page") and it has 2px top and bottom padding inside the canvas.

  That padding disappears when the icon is drawn on the panel. That is wrong because if it was a 32x32px bitmap icon, the padding (transparent pixels) would be preserved.

  That is the reason why we need to force padding (0.85*height) in the tray, but not in the application shortcut icons - the tray icons are SVG icons, but the application shorcut icons are bitmaps.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace