D10461: GMenu-DBusMenu-Proxy

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 14 09:05:03 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  Hi Konstantin,
  thank you very much for your input!

  > One can be missing, and then incomplete menu should render:

  In Plasma we don't typically use this separate "app menu" (although I'd like to do that but as a separate menu), so what I do is I show the menu bar and if that is not there I'll try the app menu. I never show both of them at once to be consistent with KDE apps that only have a menu.

  > c) If both are missing, you will not see a menu (Protocol is incorrect)

  I don't understand. Incorrect on my side? When both menus are missing where should I get the menu from?

  > Unity (_UNITY_OBJECT_PATH, prefix unity) - it is non-standard, but widely used action path for set a Unity actions (when window actions is not supported by app developer). It is object path supported by unity-gtk-module and appmenu-gtk-module.

  I was already wondering what the `unity.` prefixed actions I saw mentioned in a script I looked at. I just installed `unity-gtk2-module` and tried with some GTK2 apps but I don't see any new window properties. What else do I need to get GTK2 working? (Also given Unity is basically dead and a Ubuntu-specifica, won't really help us on non-*buntu distributions, right?)

  > If any of this are missing, this menu items should be rendered as disabled. But if menu using actions only from one category - it can be used as a normal menu. Setting this all is not required for functional menu. One will be enough, if menu is using actions only from one group.

  You mean that I don't neccessarily need both application and window actions in case the menu just uses application actions? I'll fix that.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace