Closing old Plasma 4 bugs

Nate Graham pointedstick at zoho.com
Sun Feb 11 03:06:58 UTC 2018

+ kde-devel to widen the conversation

On 02/10/2018 05:48 PM, Nicolás Alvarez wrote:
> Meanwhile... maybe you can do some loud blog posts calling for triagers? :)

Sounds good. Before then, we need to clean up the wiki page for this:
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Bug_triaging

It's thorough and mostly up to date, but huge and intimidating. I've
been working to improve it, but assistance would be appreciated

Problem #2: the fact that you need to ask permission before gaining
write access to other people's hugs is a gigantic blockade to getting
more community bug triaging. A LibreOffice bug triager came by recently
and explained that they got an enormous amount more community bug
triaging by moving away from this policy and only locking down a few
things (like the priority and assignee, I think) and leaving the rest
open. He said that in particular it was a big boost to the number of
bugs (correctly) marked as duplicates and closed as fixed.

Thoughts?

Nate