D13415: Reshape Kickoff avatar to a circle with Opacity Mask

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 29 09:55:38 BST 2018

sharvey added a comment.

  Thanks for the investigation. I've been hoping someone else would lend a pair of eyes to this problem for ages.

  When you change the icon in `user-manager` repeatedly, are you prompted for a root password **every time**? On my system (Tumbleweed), there's a "grace period" where I don't get re-prompted and the icon doesn't change reliably. It may be different on different system. @hein has said this works for him, but his system ( Fedora?) doesn't use `user-manager`.

  I think there's either a bug in QML or some weirdness in `user-manager` that I haven't been able to track down.

  Thanks for the tip on cutting the `OpacityMask` circle, although I doubt it's related to the bigger issue.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop