D15011: [Kickoff] Make the search field always look like a search field

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 24 03:19:26 BST 2018

ngraham planned changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D15011#314167 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#314167>, @romangg wrote:

  > In D15011#314138 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15011#314138>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > So basically, you want it to be unfocused by default, and typing (or clicking in it, obviously) makes it focused.
  >

  > True that. With the exception that beginning to type should activate it. A similar field can be found in the SySe. But it has white background always and does not activate automatically when beginning to type (it's activated at the beginning though)

  I think Kicker provides what we're looking for: its search field only shows the focus highlight when you're typing or hovering the mouse over it. It's subtle, but effective. I'll see if I can do that here too.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop