Monday meeting notes for 6/8/2018

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:28:20 BST 2018

David:
* Kwin scripting is all up for review
* have a patch for scripted effects not being able to claim
activeFullScreenEffect which will fix some bugs
* at some point we have the other kwin scripting API to port: the one
executed from the scripting console is still to be ported
* Then I spent some time trying to see if I could fix some of the
quirks I had to workaround in Qt

Kai Uwe:
Work done:
- Various plasma-browser-integration fixes
- Crashfix in Folder View caused by calling "undo" unconditionally
- Fix for GTK global menu with newer GTK and GTK 4
- Crashfix in Desktop scripting engine
- Tried to fix blurry/scaled pixmaps in ksysguard (process monitor)
- Investigated why KService::entryPath() is relative for some services
-- is "by design", needs adjustment in various places where it's used
(Task Manager, Kickoff/Kicker)
Work todo:
- Postponed libnotificationmanager work to Akademy, so I can figure
out the model situation in-person with Sho_
- Will merge libcanberra support for KNotifications once Frameworks
5.49 final was tagged
Please review:
- D14545 Not sure about the ABI implications there
- D14532 Supposedly fixes causing unwanted auto-mounting
- D14488
- D14487

Roman:
* continued work on Xwayland dnd. can now copy/paste Xwayland <->
Wayland native and dnd from Wayland native to Xwayland.
* What's left to do is dnd from Xwayland to Wayland native.
* current code is there:
https://cgit.kde.org/clones/kwin/romangilg/kwin.git/log/?h=xwlSelsDndAddDnd
aim to have both ends working before akademy

Eike(not at the meeting):
* Wrote the new VD KCM PoC and iterated
* looked into the LO6 problem with TM

Marco:
* short week, only thursday and friday
---
Kirigami
* fixed behavior of buttons in InlineMessage, properly hiding now
* fixed automatic padding update when the scrollbar appears/disappears
* fixed dinamic enabling/disabling of the top banner
* added actionsvisible property in SwipeListItem: hides all the action
icons when needed (for instance in edit mode)
---
Systemsettings
* continued on multi level KCMS: D14579 D14580 D14581