Hardware adaption of Plasma Mobile

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Aug 2 00:43:59 BST 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:07 PM "Dr. Jörg Wurzer" <info at volla.online> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> My company has selected Plasma Mobile as a candidate OS for a future smart phone. For hardware sourcing we need to calculate the development effort in hardware adaption and we need to ask potential vendors for the implementation of hardware adaption. Is there a specification for Plasma Mobile?
>
> I’ve posted a message at the forum: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=297&t=153327
>
> Kind regards
>
> Jörg Wurzer

Hey Jörg, happy to see this happen!

Plasma Mobile builds for most devices so far are using libhybris and
Halium (https://halium.org/) to integrate the hardware. There's other
approaches (like PostmarketOS or PureOS), but they're more involved.

I am not aware of Snapdragon support state, you can ask in the Plasma
Mobile telegram group, which is more active than the forums:
https://t.me/plasmamobile

Aleix